ST1080 3D Video Formats:
- 1920x1080p @ 24Hz Frame Packing (full resolution)
- 1920x1080p @ 24Hz Top-and-Bottom (half resolution)
- 1920x1080i @ 60Hz Side-by-Side (half resolution)
- 1920x1080p @ 60Hz Side-by-Side (half resolution)
- 1920x1080p @ 60Hz Top-and-Bottom (half resolution)
- 1920x1080p @ 30Hz Top-and-Bottom (full resolution)
- 1280x720p @ 60Hz Frame Packing (full resolution)
- 1280x720p @ 60Hz Top-and-Bottom (half resolution)
ST1080 2D Video Formats:
- 1920x1080p @ 60Hz
- 1920x1080p @ 24Hz
- 1920x1080i @ 60Hz
- 1280x720p @ 60Hz
From Silicon Micro Display:
We’re pleased to announce that we’ve added additional 3D video format support for the ST1080. The table below shows all the 2D and 3D formats supported by the ST1080. Although the ST1080 is not fully HDMI 1.4 and 1.4a, it does support all 1.4 and 1.4a mandatory 3D formats along with a few optional 1.4a 3D formats.
It’s good to have this list out there as buying compatible 3D hardware can sometimes be a pain when companies don’t specifically divulge which formats are supported.
The ST1080 has been available for pre-order since the beginning of the month and is expected to reach customers in May. For the first 21 days of March, Silicon Micro Display reduced the price by $100 to $699. That promotional period is now over at the ST1080 is back to it’s regular $799 price.
Additionally, Silicon Micro Display is now accepting pre-orders from a wide range of countries (the same $799 USD price applies to all locales, presumably to be converted to the local currency). Here is a full list of where they will ship to, though you might be looking at some hefty shipping charges: